- Posted by:
- Posted on:
Download Instagram for Android
Instagram allows you to create and share your photos, stories, and videos with the friends and followers you care about. Connect with friends, share what you’re up to, or see what’s new from others all over the world. Explore our community where you can feel free to be yourself and share everything from your daily moments to life’s highlights.
Pick from one of several gorgeous filtered effects or tilt-shift blur to breathe a new life into your mobile photos. Transform everyday moments into works of art you’ll want to share with friends and family.
Share your photos in a simple photo stream with friends to see – and follow your friends’ photos with the click of a single button. Every day you open up Instagram, you’ll see new photos from your closest friends, and creative people from around the world.
Instagram is a simple way to capture and share the world’s moments. Follow your friends and family to see what they’re up to, and discover accounts from all over the world that are sharing things you love. Join the community of over 500 million people and express yourself by sharing all the moments of your day–the highlights and everything in between, too.
Express Yourself and Connect With Friends
- Add photos and videos to your story that disappear after 24 hours, and bring them to life with fun creative tools.
- Message your friends in Direct. Start fun conversations about what you see on Feed and Stories.
- Post photos and videos to your feed that you want to show on your profile.
Learn More About Your Interests
- Check out IGTV for longer videos from your favorite creators.
- Get inspired by photos and videos from new accounts in Explore.
- Discover brands and small businesses, and shop products that are relevant to your personal style.
- 100% free custom designed filters and borders
- Lux works its magic by making your photos more vibrant and brings out details in your photos you couldn’t see before
- Linear and Radial Tilt-Shift blur effects for extra depth of field.
- Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, and Foursquare
- Interact with friends through giving & receiving likes and comments
- Works with Android versions 2.2 and above that support OpenGL ES 2
- Full front & back camera support
- And much much more…
Use Instagram to:
- Post photos and videos you want to keep on your profile grid. Edit them with filters and creative tools and combine multiple clips into one video.
- Share multiple photos and videos (as many as you want!) to your story. Bring them to life with text and drawing tools. They disappear after 24 hours and won’t appear on your profile grid or in feed.
- Go live to connect with your friends and followers right now. When you’re done, live stories disappear.
- Send disappearing photos and videos, text messages and posts from your feed to groups and friends with Instagram Direct.
- Watch stories and live videos from the people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed.
- Discover stories, photos and videos you might like and follow new accounts on the Explore tab.
Note: You can also download Instragram for iOS here.
Now you can send voice messages in private chats.
Previous release notes:
Starting today, you can make a close friends list on Stories and share with just the people you’ve added. Instagram Stories has become the place to express yourself and share everyday moments, but our community has grown and sometimes what you want to share isn’t for everyone. With Instagram Close Friends, you have the flexibility to share more personal moments with a smaller group that you choose.
To add people to your list, go to your profile and tap on “Close Friends” in the side menu. Only you can see your close friends list and no one can request to be added, so you can feel comfortable adjusting it at any time. When you share to Stories, you’ll see the option to share with just the people on your close friends list. If someone has added you to their list, you will see a green badge when you’re viewing their stories. You’ll also see a green ring around their profile photo in the Stories tray.